Planning the Destination Wedding of Your Dreams
Destination weddings have appeal for so many reasons, and adding a beautiful backdrop to an already amazing experience attracts tons of clients to About Going Places. We have extensive experience planning destination weddings, and we take specific care to ensure the entire event is unforgettable. Removing the stress from the bride and groom; guaranteeing the entire wedding party and guests are taken care of; and expertly handling every detail, large and small, to facilitate your perfect wedding day is our goal.
Is a Destination Wedding Right for You?
Many couples are enamored by the thought of a destination wedding, but when the logistics of planning one are recognized, they realize something smaller or more local might be a better fit. The first step in our process is learning about your aspirations for your wedding, then we start with some basic prompts to determine if a destination ceremony is the best fit for you.
- Are both parties and everyone’s family on board with a destination wedding?
- Is your wedding party able and willing to invest in the travel to attend a destination wedding?
- Will there be children in your group?
- Are you interested in a legal or symbolic ceremony?
- What time of year are you considering for your destination?
Once we establish the basics, we delve deeper to start putting details into place.
- Have you already considered locations, and if so, what are they?
- What budget have you established, for yourself, your partner and your wedding party?
- Do you need family friendly accommodations?
- How long of a stay are you planning around your destination wedding?
- Will there be any special events surrounding your wedding?
No Fees for Our Services
We take a lot of pride in the extensive, behind the scenes work we do when planning a destination wedding, and there are no fees for our services. We have a network of partners and providers we’ve built over the years of destination wedding planning to make additional compensation from the bride and groom unnecessary.
Here are just a few of the services we provide:
- Procure the best amenities for your entire party – private events, free upgrades, resort credits, free rooms (did you know that often, the couple can stay for free?), spa packages, excellent photography and so much more.
- We work one-on-one with your guests to confirm their rooms and travel dates.
- We help with the arrangements for any upgrades, transfers, additional nights or last minute attendees – we also handle cancellations.
- Helping guests manage their budgets and accounting around your wedding is one of our specialties, setting up dates for deposits, installments and final payments.
- If your group numbers fluctuate, we’ll ensure you don’t accrue any unnecessary penalties.
- We handle all travel documents, letters and necessary paperwork for your party’s travel.
At the core of every wedding is love and community, and it’s our end goal to ensure these – not the planning and details – remain the foundation of your experience. Please contact one of our consultants to start planning your amazing destination wedding.